Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The world is your oyster

Maybe its because i love travelling & i associate world maps & globes with impending adventures... but in any case i cant get enough of them! I think they are a winning artwork & one of my favoirte things in my house is my grandfathers antique world globe....

Via Elle Decor....and omg this room is TO DIE FOR!
White pallete, a huge map, a colelction of globes, colourful cushions...whats not to love!


Now that i have one i love i might start a collection i think!

Real Living Magazine
(finding somewhere for them to live will be the issue)



Via Green Wedding Shoes


Wall mural love!!!
oohh love the collection of starburst mirrors here too!

Sectrets of Domestic Bliss
Now heres an idea...i do have a blank wall in the laundry...


I think kids rooms are the perfect spot for a world map mural!
They can plan all their adventures! Get some pins out & mark where they want to go & have been!

Now this is a cute idea!
A couple of maps from your trips + a few Ikea Ribba frames & bingo!

Pure Style Home
The colours here are beautiful...


Im also totally Loving these maps/artworks below from


The Aqua one is so kitch & fun!

And the black one is super chic & stylish!
I have definatly added one of these to my wishlist :)

3 comments:

  1. there is something fascinating about maps and globes. Globes have always fascinated me. Love the colors that they can come in. I always think every well dressed library room should have a map or globe in it, Happy Monday,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt is obsessed with globes! And I have 3 blank Ribba frames hanging in one of the guest bedrooms that I have yet to fill... not sure about the hearts but I love the idea of dividing a large map into the 3 frames! Thanks for the idea hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post....the HEART maps are such a cute touch! :))))))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails