Friday, May 7, 2010

Shake your pom poms!

Lately ive been seeing some divine images of clusters of lanterns & these tissue paper pom poms popping up all over the joint! Look!!!! See what i mean!!! I have been having fantasies about all the parties i could have with the hanging over the table on our little balcony!
Colour perfection!

inspired by a tiffany box perhaps?!



LOVE these colours!


A friend of mines sister in law made her own for their wedding & strung them off the cars! What a beautiful & original idea!


oh my god - is this not the perfect setting!!!

actually maybe this is the perfect setting...
(i wonder who had to get up in the trees to tie these on?!)

Anyway....i kept seeing references to Martha Stewart attached to the tissue paper ones & look what i found! Oh Martha Stewart i loooove you! Step by step instructions on how to make them yourself! I am SO trying this!

Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue
(i got mine for $1 a pack of 5 sheets at the $2 shop!)
Make 1 1/2-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.

Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.

Now if mine turn out like this ill be saying thaks a bunch Martha!
Awesome decorations that look easy to make & cost about $1 each! Gold! We have 8 people coming for mothers day lunch & i have decided to give it a go!
Ill take some photos & let you know how they went....unless i have some kind of an epic fail & they dont work at all ;)
Wish me luck! Now ...what colours to have....

7 comments:

  1. All so beautiful. I have the tissue, the time and the desire. But as the mum of 5 boys, they don't want them in the house. I'm thinking I'll have to do them for a client... or enjoy them here. Lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam!
    I just had a look at your blog - i was in seattle at xmas!!!! I could have come & seen your store! Where is it in seattle?
    sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to have a tiffany blue wall like the one in your pic - love it. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love these pom-poms what a perfect look for Mother's day. I did a post on Chinese lanterns. They fascinate me when in clusters. I bought a bunch of white ones to hang on a tree in my backyard. They look so etherial even when not lit up. Be sure and take lots of picts, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pom poms and made a ton of them for my four year olds party in March. I posted about her Tiara & Tutus party...it was fun. I hung them in the ballet studio, as well as on the window to block the view of cars outside...it worked so well. The photo of the orange pom poms outside around the pool is beyond amazing. Love all the images though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice pompoms .. did you end up making them? i must admit to getting lost at step 2. perhaps I need to visit martha's blog and get my 6yo to help me .. I take after my dad and never read instructions, I guess I am more a visual person. hope you have fun in fiji too. we went to a little island once off noumea (iles de pin) where there were only about 20 people at a time. stunning. relaxing. no cyclones though - hope you get good weather this time (-:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails