Thursday, September 29, 2011

News. Wish me luck

Big things...scary things...and maybe really cool things are happening. Today is my last day of being a full time employee. As of tomorrow i will be officially 100% self employed. The world of high end residential architectural work has been up & down (hmmm, actually, mostly down) for a few years & i am going from full time to doing contract work with my current job. This is both scary & also maybe the push i needed to make a full time effort with my own work under MY name. My side work has been going pretty well & i ve had a steady steam of jobs that ive been doing around my full time job. 'Side' jobs no more! Now ill be able to work during the day (& not all night after an 8hr day at the office), get jobs done faster & move onto new ones & actually proactively go & put myself out there (so far all the work ive been doing has been word of mouth which of course is fantastic!) I know they say one door closes & another opens. This is my chance to make a real go of it & see if i can be my own boss 'for real'. Scary stuff with a wedding coming up & a morgage to pay, but hey you never know if you never try right? Wish me luck.
yikes!
Loving this office below & the quote on the magazine page its come from (you might have to look closely) i SO agree.maybe soon ill be able to make that amazing office im always dreaming banging on about....

Image via Heartbeatoz

15 comments:

  1. Good luck! It should be all great things from here.
    Amazing office I would love a studio space like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for you that things will fall into place swiftly. When one chapter of life closes, it forces you to open another, and sometimes they are the best chapters of all because they were the most scary to overcome, and therefore the most satisfying when you master them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Sally super exciting news! Goodluck with everything - be sure to show us your portfolio of work. XX Samie PS: How is the riding/ honeymoon training going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah.. good for you!! You will be great and being your own boss drives you to work so much harder. All the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is big news sal! good on you for having the courage to do it... scary and exhilarating all at the same time. looking forward to seeing big things from you.

    c xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news Sal, I'm really excited for you. Here's to your success! OMG I sound like a bad self help book :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your new venture and congratulations on being so brave to take this step. I hope all works out for you!
    x KL (eternalicons.blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo hooo! I can't believe it, good on you for taking the plunge, you'll be fabulous. S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! You will not be sorry - what a wonderful leap to take! I wish you all the best! I am an interior designer on my own now and I love it.

    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! Good luck, it will be fine. And exciting. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just starting my own (fashion) line as well! It is really exciting and you will absolutely love the creative freedom~ GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Sally! I'm sure it will all turn out just fine :)
    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations to you... it is scary as i know... it was my life... and i have NEVER looked back... you will LOVE your new life... aaaahhhhhh....xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sal, this is so exciting!! I'm sure you will never regret this move and it will be truly rewarding! All the best! X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails