Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chevron & Floral Bedroom Makeover!

I have been a long time advocator of the fact that bedrooms should be a sanctuary; a restful retreat from everything else going on.
They should have minimal clutter & be a place you can truly unwind. Isn't one of the best feelings getting into a bed made with clean & crisp but soft sheets? When it comes to bedrooms, i worship at the alter of 'all white'. Since i was 17 i have only ever had white sheets & doona covers & a white waffle blanket. I find it a peaceful & restful colour to have in the bedroom...

My usual bedroom scene;

Recently though, i have been convinced to try something new! (As good as a holiday right?) 
The lovely folk at Adairs sent me over some of their gorgeous products to try that were both right up my alley (hello floral & chevron!!!) 
Those of you who follow me on instagram will have seen the new chevron sheets which I'm a tad obsessed with! 
This delivery inspired me to give the bedroom a little girly makeover; i framed the prints i bought in Paris for the bedside table & made a trip to the flower markets for some roses & peonies....

The sheets tied in really well with my all white scheme as for the most part they were hidden away & are a fun surprise when you turn the bed down to jump in! They are the Mercer + Reid Stella Zig Zag sheets (& also come in a lovely pale aqua).
A fun way to incorporate some chevron into your decor!

Then there was the Mercer + Reid 'Petal' quilt cover set - Hello!! 
So lovely - it has a gorgeous watercolour look to it, & I'm told was hand painted & then turned into the print.
And how fun does it look with the chevron sheets! I think the combo is really modern & so on trend at the moment!
It has really 'prettied' up the room & i admit, this 'all white worshipper' may have even been converted!
Wonder what the husband will think when he gets back from working in the country this week....


The whole new look even inspired me to makeover the bedside table!
My grandmother gave me the antique silver tray to put my jewels on which I'm in love with.

All the Adairs Bed linen; sheets & quilt covers (along with a host of other goodies) are available to buy online
And both of these products are currently on sale! So no reason not to give your bedroom a bit of a make over! 

7 comments:

  1. I am usually a fan of an all white bed as well, but sometimes it is nice to add some pattern. I particularly love the chevron sheets! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your bed frame from? Please don't say it was custom made! It's gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's just Beautiful! Gorgeous colours! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!
    Have you tried any of the towels from Adairs? Looking for some nice soft ones for a present...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the combination of chevron and floral - so lovely Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I stumbled across your blog! I just ordered a very similar bed (The Ravena from Domayne) but without the curved sides and pure black studs and have been racking my brain about what colour bedside tables to put with it but you have just sold me on white!

    I also loved the laundry make over you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails